Wednesday, December 19, 2007

DAN FOLGERBERG (RIP)

I may be a few days late, but I was very upset when I heard that he past away. His music really brings me back to my childhood, such as THE CHIEF with his Andy Williams Christmas Record. When I listen to his songs such as "LEADER OF THE BAND", it reminds me of riding in the car with my father and my grandfather, and the line "his eyes are growing old" is very touching. Still to this day I get chills when I hear this song. I also get chills when I hear "OLD LANG SYNE", when he talks about meeting his old lover in the grocery store. Dan, you will be missed.

3 comments:

The Chief said...

Out of respect for Mr. Fogelberg and you, I will refrain from making any Denis Leary references.

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

It is very nice of you to refrain from making any Denis Leary references.

Elgarf said...

Aw, shit. I was going to reference Denis Leary. Anyway, Mr. O'Malley, I am sorry for your loss. I, however, find the deceased a morbid and depressing singer-songwriter. We'll leave it at that.