Friday, November 21, 2008

ITS BEEN 20 YEARS

This past Wednesday marked the 20th anniversary of the death of my grandfather. It is hard to believe that 20 years have passed, but it has. I do not know where the time goes but it goes. I think about my grandfather a lot, how he would react to things that are happening today, how his great grandchildren would react to him. I am sure that Brady, the 9 year old would get a great kick out of his stupid jokes. I am not sure how the 10 year old Darren would relate, but I am sure that he would also enjoy his company.

What I think is funny that my grandfather was a member of the GREATEST GENERATION. His Great Grandchildren are members of the DUMBEST GENERATION.

2 comments:

The Chief said...

Nice remembrance of your grandfather, Father O.

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

Very well said Chief. It is too bad that he never got to know any of his great grandchildren, or see his grandchildren amount to what they are today.

One thing I forgot to paraphrase, was that my grandfather took a lower paying job, after WW2 to drive a bus for the city of NY. Little did anyone knew, that was the smartest decision that anybody could make. He left my grandmother with a real good pension, something that he probably wouldn't have gotten if he worked in the private sector.