Sunday, February 3, 2008

MEMORIES,. THE WAY THEY WERE

Tonight is Super Bowl Sunday. I am not in the business to make any prognostications, but the fact is I have had a lot of good memories when it comes to sports.

My favorite Super Bowl memory is from Super Bowl 28 which was played on January 30, 1994 between the Dallas Cowboys and the Buffalo Bills. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

At the time I was at this small university in Northwestern PA, or pee ahy, as people refer it to. This is the same school that Elgarf refers to in many of his blogs. I remember walking around campus, and two freshmen come up to me and ask me if I wanted to take them to somebodys house so that they can watch the big game. I was thinking about watching the game at the dorm. I said to them okay, and off we went on a 30 mile journey up to a town called Leeper PEE AHY. In fact there was so much snow up there that my four door sedan got stuck, and somebody had to tow me out.

At the house, it is more like a cabin, we had KFC and all the beer that we can drink. There must have been about 40 people there, including some female students, and watching the game became less and less meaningful as the beer went down.

The game ended and I spent the night on the sofa. Naturally I blew off classes the next day, like the experts say many people do in the business world. It has been over 14 years since this fine evening, and every Super Bowl that I watch can not equal that particular Super Bowl. Now I know it wasn't the game, the fact is I think I may have watched a total of just 15 minutes. Is it that I had a great time, or was it the Beer. Nevertheless, "LETS GO BIG BLUE"

2 comments:

The Chief said...

Did you get any action on that sofa?

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

No, the girls were singing Janet Jacksons "AGAIN" and talking about Tupac Shakur from POETIC JUSTICE. This got on my nerves